9.28.2005

extract from anonymous blogs (no changes have been made to the original post)

POST
Am I the only one who thinks that this whole thing is pointless? Facebook is much more interesting, and doesn't have all the unecessary adornments that Xuqa does.
add a comment ↓ 9 comments

by Gary Hagins @ 10:45 AM on September 28
Pointless? No. It's entertainment... most of these forum-type posts don't muster more intelligence than a B-Net kiddie and it's pretty hilarious (and simultaneously oh so depressing) to read such things.

by Thulasi Shamasundar @ 10:43 AM on September 28
I agree with that last comment. The blogs are extremely addictive and if I'm near a computer this is the site I'm usually on writing something in one of these things. ON facebook there's isn't much to do unless someone writes on your wall. I spend a couple minutes on facebook incase someone has added me as a friend and then I come to this site.

by Alane Nunez @ 10:43 AM on September 28
I think xuqa is way better for talking to people from all over. When it comes to people from your school they really limit it to the opposite sex, but that was obviously their intention and anyone who doesnt want to hook up on here wont. Facebook is more personal, and is used more to connect you to the people you ALREADY know, and make fun groups!thats my take

by Kirill Smirnov @ 10:43 AM on September 28
Well, when they first built a car, everyone was like "wtf, we have horses, why would we use this complicated peace of junk?"

by Sara Boeding @ 10:42 AM on September 28
I was disagreeing with the post, not your comment, obviously, you posted just before I did

by Rondelle Trinidad @ 10:42 AM on September 28
theres only so much you can update your profile and join groups on facebook. Xuqa has novelties which some people like and others dont like the crushes and gifts. Also it has this blog feature which facebook has still yet to put on its site. So yeah, you theorectically can have people from the 900 plus colleges all over the United States talking to each other in this blog form which we are doing now.

by Greg Godwin @ 10:42 AM on September 28
this has been entertaining for me since yesterday

by Sara Boeding @ 10:41 AM on September 28
I disagree...I think the blogs are an obvious advantage of this site, although I must admit, it's difficult for me to be productive b/c I'm so addicted to this thing.

by Greg Godwin @ 10:40 AM on September 28
this post is pointless

9 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to add to the bug list:

- You can buy gifts for yourself. Search your own name
- You can grab anyone's contact info (regardless of privacy). Find their profile, get their first, last name. Click on their school link and remember the school.xuqa.com url. Then logout and type school.xuqa.com/first-last
Voila, contact info available.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Murtaza said...

Yup on it. You must understand we're still very much in beta and it will be a while before the site is stable. We're also aggresively tweaking features / adding new ones depending on what users are saying.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Jack said...

But I like buying myself Beer! :(

 
At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, I know Xuqa is beta... hence I'm making all of these posts. Reply to Noah from previous comment: hmm.. ok.. you made your information public. I didn't make my e-mail public, but it shows up when I visit my own site (personal url) when I'm not logged in. If I'm logged in and visit your personal url, I don't see your contact info.

Another bug:

I think this could be a potential SQL injection bug, but have no way of confirming because I don't see any error messages or output back. I'm guessing there's a try catch to prevent error messages from being spit back out..

Anyway, if you go to Photos, My Collection, Post to my collection, and upload a photo, and put in the caption an an apostrophe (like "I'm happy"), the apostrophe seems to cause the post to fail.

If I leave out any apostrophes, it works... if the apostrophe's aren't parsed correctly when the description is being inserted into the table, there could be some security issues. (e.g. if you don't replace ' with '' in your SQL query, I could make the caption evil like:
I'; SELECT * FROM users;

Anyway, hope you escaped the apostrophes in your SQL queries. If you did, well, there's an error-handling issue with apostrophes for the input in the upload page.

 
At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ought to pass the command for crushes as a POST instead of GET. Someone smart enough could figure out their profile id, and then put an auto link on a website or somewhere with the structure:

http://[school_name].xuqa.com/profile.php?id=[profile_id]&cmd=crush

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fixed

 
At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PLEASE STOP SPAMMING MY EMAIL ACCOUNT!

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
how opposed are you guys to teaming up with another group of engineers. Say if we were a team of accomplish yahoo guys who could build some crazy apps similar to what is getting funded right now but better for the whole social networking space? Ill check back soon. We like your approach though, well done.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Murtaza said...

i'd say come on board and lets kick some ass :D

email me 08mmh@williams.edu.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home