8.08.2006

Breaking news: AOL blocking mail from Google(?)

For a couple of weeks, I noticed that mails sent from my Gmail account were being rejected by AOL servers. Any email sent to anyone with a "@aol.com" email address were being returned with an SMTP failure, with the following error message:

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 12): 554-: (HVU:B1) http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554hvub1.html
554 TRANSACTION FAILED

This message was identical in all returned mails. Now I'm not a spammer, this is my personal Gmail account. So I was annoyed. I checked the content in all those emails (links to possibly spam sites?) etc, but all my emails were perfectly legit. I then went on to an old Yahoo email address I have which I use to sign-up for all websites, and tried sending the exact same email, to the same person.

Voila! It went through. I was exasperated. I called up all my friends / colleagues who have an aol address, and they explained that they were having trouble receiving stuff from Gmail too.

Is AOL blocking Gmail? Has anyone else had similar experiences?

2 Comments:

At 4:33 AM, Blogger Murtaza said...

Aparently they're also blocking emails from XuQa servers. Someone tell AOL to wake up, especially after the recent massive data leak.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Ali :p said...

hey toni, sorry to hear about AOL. guess we'll just have to wait for the new AOL, and hope they fix themselves.

only official xuqa team members, and some mods, can post here. or level 10 players in the new xuqa. gotta become level 10 to post here. sorry :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home